Trevin and President & Sister Shulz

Trevin and President & Sister Shulz
Arriving at the Mission Home, President & Sister Shulz

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I'm Starting to LOVE the people and really care about them.

Hey Mom and Dad,

Hey everything is going better. ummm... I dont have much going on right now. We are only teaching about 2 lessons a day right now and we were teaching 5 or 6. We had to drop a lot of of our investigators just because they weren't keeping their promises. So right now we're just trying to find people to teach. We had to push all of our baptisms back to Nov. 6th. Grace got a job for the rest of the month helping some lady with her pregnancy and the others need more time, but we are trying. Kennedy came to church yesterday but we haven't met with him in over a week. We told him to call us when he is ready to hear from us, but he hasent called yet.

So Jaren's not in school anymore. Wow...hows that going? I hope he's doing better. And its good that he can still do his sports and seminary.

Haha you are hoping that it doesn't snow and im wishing that it would. Its sooooo hot here and its only getting hotter. But we have been getting rain the last couple of days and if you think that the lightning and thunder is cool in the canyon you should see Africa. It is so bright and so loud here. It's ridiculous.

I'm starting to like it a lot more here. At first I didnt like it very much. You know me. I don't like change very much and this was a big change. Thank you for the advice. I am starting to love the people more and  found that it is a lot easier to teach them when you really care about them. I was having a bad time. Haha funny how you can still pick that out. But I'm doing exactly what you said. I'm burying myself in the work. I'm going real deep.

I love you too dad. You are probably the best thing that ever happened in my life. I just didn't notice it.Iif it wasn't for you I know that I would probably be in jail right now and not on my mission. I'm am where I am supposed to be right now and I know it and I feel it. You set the example for me and I wanted to follow. And because I did I feel like I'm doing the best thing that I could possibly do right now.

So nothing too new. Except that I think I might be training after Elder Mortensen goes home. The Mission President talked to me about it and there are 30 new missionaries in the next group so its a very good possibility.  But nothing else.

So I will talk to you next week. I love you!

love,
Trevin

No comments:

Post a Comment