Trevin and President & Sister Shulz

Trevin and President & Sister Shulz
Arriving at the Mission Home, President & Sister Shulz

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The work continues, I miss everyone and I can cook brownies on the Stove

I love sending emails. I miss you guys so much. Kennedy has three sons but only two are old enough to be baptized, but I don't know their exact age. Church is a little weird here. Our apartment is a guest house that a soccer team was living in so it's a big house. We live on one side of the house where the bedrooms and kitchen is but the other half is the chaple with the classrooms. I have pictures of it so you can see. We have bout 150 members in our branch but only about 100 are active. The classes and sacrament is all in Twi so I don't understand what they are talking about most of the time, so i dont pay attention much but whats new.;)
Thank you for sending everything I really appreciate it, and yes I will definetly need a new pair of shoes when I get home.

Yeah we went to zone confrence. They mostly talked about our appartments and clothes, and setting goals with our branch presidents. The best thing was the coke. I love coke so much now. It is the only drink here that satifies me, except a drink caled alvaro. It's like a pear cider but it comes in pinapple too. Coke is still better.
The ice cream is safe to eat it comes in a little vacumed sealed bag. You just have to make sure that the package is clean before you eat it. I dont buy much on the street, and if I do I watch them make it. I don't buy any meat. I've seen the slaughter houses and its not pretty. I buy egg sandwhiches and this stuff called red red thats really good. It's beans and fried plantains. i love fried plantains. They also have these things called ball floats. They are like big dougnuts. The only time I got close to being sick was the day after I got to my area. The night I got here we went out to get foo foo and that was disgusting. I felt like I was going to hrow up the next day, but I ate breakfast then I was fine. The mosquitos aren't to bad. I can't tell if the garlic is doing anything.

I have another food request. We have invented a way to cook brownies on the stove! You get a big pot and fll it with water and let it start boiling.  Then you get another pot, put the batter inside, and put that pot into he big pot with a lid on top. it works great! We tried it with a plastic bowl first. I told them not to. It worked perfectly, but then we were going to leave them for a couple more minutes but we forgot about them. All the water in the pot evaporated and the bowl melted in the pot. but brownie mix in a pot works! So thats a good idea for anyone who wants to send stuff.

We are teching a lot of people but the problem is that we drop them after a couple of visits because they won't do anything. Richard is doing good. He came to church yesterday but they had a lesson on baptisms for the dead and he was freaking out. He is a really smart guy but that is too big of a thing for someone to understand. So when we meet him tomorrow we are going to have to answer a lot of questions and explain whats going on.

That stinks for Jaren. Tell him to win a game for me maybe that will help;) I hope everyone else is doing ok. I haven't received any letters from anyone yet except from Markie. She sent the letter on the 19th and I sent her a letter today so we will see how long it takes.

Ok so I gotta go, tell eveyone that I love them and miss them a ton.

I love you,
Trevin

No comments:

Post a Comment