Trevin and President & Sister Shulz

Trevin and President & Sister Shulz
Arriving at the Mission Home, President & Sister Shulz

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Trevin has arrived in Abuakwa, his First area

Hey Mom,

Things are really good.. I'm glad that people have sent letters,  I can't wait to get them.  ummm... did you tell them to send them to the mission home? That's where they need to go.  I can receve emails from people but I would rather get letters. I can only send emails to you guys and if people send emails I wont be able to reply back.  Mondays are my p days so that is when you will get emails from me. :)

After the MTC I was sent to Abuakwa. it's right out side of Kumasi. I got here Wednesday and it has been really cool. My trainer/compaion is awesome. He is from Centerville, Utah. we get along really great. We like a lot of the same things.  My apartment is good too. We still have really cool showers but I have a washer so I don't have to do laundry by hand right now.  Guess what?  There is a guitar! haha its fun to just mess with when theirs nothing to do. Abuakwa is really dusty so when it rains it gets all muddy and it sucks. It doesn't smell too bad here only in some areas. There are tons of shops here. They call them chop bars,  a lot of the food we get is from them. Some of the places have really good food. haha I had foo foo the first day here. It was nasty and hard to eat. you dont' chew it. You just dip it in the soup and swollow.  It was so hard to get down the first time, and it was so gross but, Elder Mortensen said that that was the worst foo foo that he has had. So I hope that it gets better. That's my trainer by the way.

No the food is not getting better.  I have found a few things that I like here so I will eat that stuff until I get used to the food. The soda here is sooo good I love Coke now.  I only get one every couple of days but its really good.  They have this stuff called malt here and all the missionaries love it but it is soooo nasty. I'm hoping that its one of those things you need to get used too.

OK, well I will talk to you next Monday. Tell everyone that I said Hi and that I love them.

I love you,
Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment