Trevin and President & Sister Shulz

Trevin and President & Sister Shulz
Arriving at the Mission Home, President & Sister Shulz

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

This last week was Hard, a few Twi words and my Christmas wish list.

Hey,

Haha I would love to make Red Red at home but some of the stuff to make it with they dont have at home. Like red oil. It's illegal to have in the U.S.  Tell Jaren that I said that he needs to work harder.  I want to hear how he does in soccer but I can't if he's not playing. 

This week was hard. It seemed that everyone that we tried to meet with bailed on us.  We set up 3 appointments with Kennedy this week and he didn't meet any of them. I don't know whats going on.  We met with Richard though and he understood everything. We talked about baptisms for the dead and temples. He even told us that we needed more temples so that the people in Africa can do temple work.  He's an awesome guy, I hope that he sticks around.

Elder Mortensen and I are getting along great.  We like a lot of the same things so its easy o talk with him. Haha we've gotten to know each other very well.  To me he is like a very cool Wyatt.  He kinda dressed the same and acted the same just not with all the bad stuff.  If I met him out side the mission I dont think we would be friends. but we are now.

So you want to know some Twi.  Ok heres some- say it just like its spelled.

etesen- how are you?
a-ye- im fine
yo-ok
ko-go
bra-come
abradum-crazy
dee-eat
pa-a lot
akwaba-welcome
bruni-white man
obruni-black man

That's all I got right now.

ummmm...Some of the kids are cute. their pretty funny. but when we're walking down the steet kids just yell, bruni, bruni, bruni, the whole time they even have a song that they sing. Those kids arnt so cute, but some of the kids are awesome.

I'll make sure to send some pictures. I need to take more while I'm out. Ii dont take many pictures there's not much to see here, and we don't do much but walk around.  But I'll do better and send some.

For christmas just put money on my card if I want something I'll just get it here they have cool stuff here. I don't want anything from home. Haha but I don't know if I told you but I haven't had to wash my clothes by hand yet. Elder Mortensen bought a washing machine when he got on his mission and it's in our apartment. He said that he's going to sell it for 150 cedis thats about 135 dollars when he goes. But then I never have to wash by hand and when I get transferd the APs bring it to the new apartment. That would be a great present and then when I go I'll sell it. But i'ts just an idea if that doesnt sound good then thats ok. The only time an apartment has a guitar is if someone else has one or you go and buy one but I'll be here for 2 more months and if I have tabs I can play somewhere else to.

That's great about the calling. I hope that your haveing fun and it's not to much. I think you will do a lot more for the boys then anyone else. That's good.

Ok well that's about it. I hope that everyone is doing ok. Please tell Grandma Kathy that I said thaink you for the help. And tell Grandma Joann that I hope she gets feeling better and that I'm praying for her. I love you. Tell everyone that I love them too. Bye

love,
Trevin

No comments:

Post a Comment