Trevin and President & Sister Shulz

Trevin and President & Sister Shulz
Arriving at the Mission Home, President & Sister Shulz

Friday, February 17, 2012

New Area New Companion

Hey Mom,
My new area is sweet! I love it. and my new companion is ok. He's not one of those jerk africans. We get along pretty well. He's from Sierra Leon. He doesn't talk much but thats ok. But he was really happy that I was his new companion. His old one was a weirdo jerk that wouldn't work. But I can get along with him fine.  So Mankessim is a lot bigger then Abuakwa! But I already like it more then Abuakwa. The people here are awesome so its cool.  I am starting to learn a new language. The people here they speak twi but their language is Fanti. But they are a lot alike they have a lot of the same words and the things that are just a little different. But its just different enough that its difficult to understand. The food isnt very different but they do eat more fish. But its usually good fresh fish not the dry salted one. But i like it. It was a 4 hour bus ride to cape coast but thats only because the roads are so bad. It would only take like 2 hours at home.
The concert sounded great. I hope you all had fun without me!!! haha just kiddin' haha long night. ha So story time in our apartment we have 2 other elders. Elder Hunt and Elder Randall.  Elder Hunt was my best friend from the MTC. We like a lot of the same things and we just get along good. We'll probably still be friends at home. But the 2nd day that I came to Mankessim we started talking and before we knew it it was 5 in the morning. Trust me we weren't planning on staying up all night but it just happened. The night flew by like no other. That was a long day. I will never stay up that long ever again!
I got jennies package today. Tell her THANK YOU!!!! Shes the best. I still haven't gotten your package but it should be here soon I think.
Jaren made varsity baseball! sweet!!! haha yeah I probably wouldnt like those coaches either but I would be so stoked to be playing varsity that I wouldn't care either.
So I've gott nothing else. I hope its all good at home.I love you and I'll talk to you next week. LOVE YOU!!!
love,
Trevin

No comments:

Post a Comment