Trevin and President & Sister Shulz

Trevin and President & Sister Shulz
Arriving at the Mission Home, President & Sister Shulz

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Email from Aug 6

hey mom,

ONE YEAR!!! holy cow i cant believe it has been that long it doesnt
feel like it. i havent heard anything on transfers yet. the other
night pres. called me. he wanted to know what was going on. all i know
is that me or my companion is going somewhere but we wont find out
until saterday. elder rogers is leaving next week and hes dead set on
me going to cape to be the new zone leader. but i dont think that that
is going to happen. it is supposed to be a small transfer. not to many
changes so we'll see what happens. haha for our year mark me and
martin made ourselves sick on junk. ha we thought that we could eat a
lot more then did. we were miserable.

my week was ok just a normal mission week. i did go on splits on
friday in cape with elder rogers. it was really nice to get away from
my companion. we had a few crazy things happen. i now have a huge
testimony of the power of satan. we were teaching a lesson and bearing
witness of the book of mormon and so many things happened during that
one lesson. their were a lot of distractions the whole time and once
we gave him the book he looked at it and said ''i dont think that my
parents will let me keep this.'' haha and what do you know right after
he said this his mom comes walking down the street and sees us. she
took the book of mormon and told us that we werent allowed to see her
son. this kid was 23 years old and isnt living in their house. why did
she come walking up the street right then?!?!

im praying for jennies family also. i want to see them in the church.
haha andrew kinda reminds me of jaren. not really knowing what he
wants.

hey and yeah i did get ruthies packages last tuesday. but i only got 2
out of 3. thank her for me the clif bars she sent were amazing. haha
and mom i crave EVERYTHING! but right now i cant think of anything
that i really need.

being a year is kinda like having your birthday. its really exciting
before it comes and after it does nothing has changed. i still feel
like i am only a few moths old. the best part of being a year is
seeing the old men go home. elder rogers and elder briggs my old zone
leaders are going home and its crazy. pretty soon my mt group is going
to be one of the oldest on mission. their are 18 missionaries ahead of
us but 7 of those go home in the next 3 or 4 transfers. that just
makes me want to do better. at some point in the next few transfers i
might be called to do something and if im not doing my best i dont
want that.

tell danny i said hi also. i could see that happening to danny a
couple of my mts were big guys when they came and now their not to
big. i hope its the opposite for me.

well i dont have anything else so i guess i will talk to you later. i
love you!!!

love,
Trevin

No comments:

Post a Comment